After the success the first time round and many inquiries as to whether we were going organise the competition again this year, we have decided to launch the Second You Read it Like What?! competition. The prize? Two books of your choice from those reviewed on this site (books out of print not included; see list at the bottom of this post).
1. Choose one of your favourite picture books.
2. Practise reading it out loud (if you need to).
3. Record it either with video or sound only.
4. Upload it onto a site like dropbox or soundcloud.
5. Share the link with us in a comment at the end of this post and...
6. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us a bit about yourself or yourselves, a photo if you like, and why you chose that book in particular. Please include the link to the recording in the email too.
7. Recordings should be in English or in Spanish (if in Spanish please visit We Read it Like This' sister blog, Lo Leemos Así and enter the competition through that site).
8. The recording can either be:
- of a parent or other carer reading to a child or several children or
- of a teacher reading to a child or several children
- of a child reading to another child or parent or in a classroom to their friends.
9. Excitement encouraged and interaction (ooh¡ aaaah!) more than welcome.
10. The deadline for receiving entries is May 31st, 2014. No entries received after this date shall be considered.
11. Worldwide entries accepted. The only restrictions apply to language: English or Spanish (through Lo leemos así) only.
12. All ages welcome.
13. The winner will get a glamourous post featuring their prize recording plus 2 books to choose from the following books reviewed on We Read it Like This:
14. Prize books chosen by winner will be sent to the address provided by them by email following the notification of the winner.
15. Good luck!
16. The decision regarding the winner will be necessarily subjective and final.